The following supplier requirements apply to all ASIC North suppliers and their sub-tier/subcontractors. Suppliers and subcontractors are not allowed to outsource any portion of the purchase order requirements without an explicit and written agreement from ASIC North management. Acceptance of the purchase order from ASIC North binds the supplier to the terms and conditions referenced in the purchase order as well as the applicable requirements listed in this document.
Processes, Product and Services
- ASIC North requires supplier to comply with any special requirements requested by ASIC North or its customers regarding the control of specifications, drawings, process requirements and work instructions, including confidentiality clauses and ITAR compliance.
- When required, ASIC North may require suppliers to provide certificates of release to confirm acceptance and authorization to dispatch. This assurance activity certifies that the materials and processes supplied under the purchase order have been controlled and inspected in accordance with ASIC North’s purchase order.
Competence, including any requirement qualification of persons
- ASIC North requires suppliers to ensure that all employees working on the quoted projects are competent and trained in accordance with any flow down requirements specified by ASIC North or its customers. ASIC North will ensure that those requirements are included in the Request for Quote (RFQ) and purchase order.
Release of Information
- ASIC North requires suppliers to hold all information received from ASIC North in confidence and no third party request for information will be authorized unless previously approved, in writing, by ASIC North management.
- ASIC North will monitor suppliers based on quality, delivery, and services. Suppliers that fail to comply with the performance requirements will be removed from the ASIC North Approved Supplier List.
Design and Development Control
- ASIC North reserves the right to review the design and development control at the supplier’s facility and at any sub-tier/subcontractor plant. Access rights shall also be extended to ASIC North’s customers.
- ASIC North requires suppliers meet all special requirements defined by the drawings, specifications or purchase order.
Test, Inspection, and Verification (including production process verification)
- ASIC North requires suppliers to maintain a quality/inspection system that will ensure all goods and services conform to contract requirements.
- First Article Inspection (FAI):
- When required, a FAI shall be conducted by the supplier as defined in the purchase order, and the documented results must be accepted by ASIC North and its customer(s) prior to any material shipment.
- When required, supplier shall comply with FAI AS9102 requirements to verify the production processes, production documentation, and tooling are able to produce parts and assemblies that meet customer purchase order. This activity shall be repeated when changes occur that invalidate the original results (e.g., engineering changes, production process changes, tolling changes).
- Last Article Inspection (LAI):
- When required, a LAI (in accordance with AS9102) shall be conducted by supplier as defined in the purchase order, and documented results must be accepted by ASIC North and its customer(s) to verify the achievement of the work.
- Delegated Product Release Verification (AS9117):
- When required, ASIC North can delegate product verification to supplier and supplier shall conform to the requirements of AS9117 by providing copies of inspection reports, test reports, and all applicable verification and validation records with each shipment.
Use of Specific Statistical Techniques
- ASIC North may require suppliers to use a specific statistical technique which is consistent with typical industry standards.
Implement a Quality Management System
- ASIC North may require suppliers to maintain a documented quality management system that is acceptable and appropriate for the items or services supplied and are in full compliance with the purchase order and customer’s flow down requirements.
- When required, the supplier’s QMS shall be subject to audit and approved by ASIC North or its customer(s).
- When required by ASIC North or by ASIC North’s customers, suppliers will use customer-specified sources.
- ASIC North requires suppliers to identify, segregate and determine appropriate disposition of non-conforming product, and subject to yield thresholds established by ASIC North, disclose to ASIC North within 24 hours.
- ASIC North will not accept supplier product that does not meet purchase order requirements.
- ASIC North requires suppliers to have an effective corrective action system in place to contain the nonconforming condition and prevent it from occurring again.
Preventing the Use of Counterfeit Parts
- ASIC North requires suppliers to not use or supply counterfeit/suspect parts identified as a copy or substitute part whose material, performance or characteristics are knowingly misrepresented.
- As required, suppliers shall have a counterfeit parts prevention plan such as avoidance, detection, mitigation, and disposition plan that is compliant to the AS5553 industry standard requirements.
- As required, suppliers shall consider the following AS9100D prevention processes:
- Training of appropriate persons in the awareness and prevention of counterfeit parts;
- Application of a parts obsolescence monitoring program;
- Controls for acquiring externally provided product from original or authorized manufacturers, authorized distributors, or other approved sources;
- Requirements for assuring traceability of parts and components to their original or authorized manufacturers;
- Verification and test methodologies to detect counterfeit parts;
- Monitoring of counterfeit parts reporting from external sources;
- Quarantine and reporting of suspect or detected counterfeit parts.
- ASIC North may require suppliers to provide the Certificates of Conformity, and/or other supporting documentation as is appropriate to prevent the purchase of counterfeit products.
- ASIC North must be notified of any pending changes to processes, products, or services, including changes of their external providers or location of manufacture. All such changes much be approved by ASIC North prior to implementation.
- ASIC North requires suppliers to notify ASIC North of any change in management, product, process, location, or ownership and are subject to re-survey and approval.
Flow Down to External Providers
- ASIC North is responsible to flow down the requirements specified by ASIC North’s customer(s) and will ensure that those are included in the RFQ and purchase order.
- When applicable, ASIC North requires supplier to provide test samples for inspection/verification, investigation and/or auditing when requested by ASIC North’s customer(s).
- As required, supplier will ensure that all drawings and specifications are at their relevant revision status and/or as specified on the purchase order.
- As required, all documented information such as certifications, test reports, inspection reports, calibration reports, test data, drawings, and specifications shall be retained by ASIC North for a minimum of ten years, unless otherwise specified by ASIC North’s customer(s).
- Records that have reached their identified maturity may be disposed by ASIC North in a manner consistent with normal business practices unless otherwise requested by ASIC North’s customer(s) for variation.
Right to Audit
- ASIC North and its customers reserve the right to perform an on-site inspection of the supplier’s facility or visit the facility.
- ASIC North will give reasonable notification to the supplier prior to the on-site inspection.
- When applicable, the supplier may be subject to audits by ASIC North on an annual basis or as deemed necessary as specified in purchase order or flow down requirements.
- ASIC North requires supplier’s commitment to the highest standards of ethics and business conduct.
- Supplier shall support product safety by ensuring robust management of special requirements, critical items and key characteristics.